Yes, it's been another long drought of posting, because life and my own scattered-brain-ness conspire against me. Lots has happened. I finished the semester without committing a felony; we traveled to Michigan again, enduring flight delays on both ends of the trip; I applied to, was accepted by and began taking classes at another school at a third of the cost of the previous one; I had my hours cut in half again at work, and got a job teaching at the best little yarn shop in Texas - oh wait no, North Carolina *grins*; we saw several wonderful musicals, including Mamma Mia and The Color Purple ... and probably a hundred other things.
We're planning to sell the townhouse, finally. It's been something we wanted to do for a while, but the situation didn't allow for it at the time. Now, we're getting rid of some furniture - the bed in the back bedroom, which is going to be Jason's office, the red chair, and probably some of the smaller bookcases. We're giving the two dressers back to Momma, and will probably keep the white one from the kitchen in Jason's new office as well as the chrome yarn storage. I want to take out the tall bookcases entirely, though I'm unsure where we'd keep them, because I think we should keep them. We're gonna put the rocking chair upstairs, the stripey chair in Jason's office, and keep the recliner and the blue chair I think in the living room, and will likely get a loveseat and coffee table from IKEA.
I love IKEA. I haven't mentioned that here before, but I love it, muchly. We've gotten two lamps - we need more - and a bookcase and a laptop desk, as well as some very awesome laundry hampers and other little things, and I've been -very- pleased with the quality.
So anyway, that's our plan. I'm looking into a cleaning service to come tend to the house, at least for a couple months. It's decently inexpensive it looks like, as long as we're not contracted for a long period of time and thus forced to spend a lot of money, and I just don't like to clean as much as needs to be done to have the house showable.
And of course, there's the matter of finding a new house. We've been looking a bit. We have an idea of what we want. An older house likely, in a neighborhood not a development. Single family. Preferably 4 bedrooms so we can each have an office/creative space and still have a real guest room. Two baths is preferable, but one is fine for us. The kitchen needs to be functional, and preferably should be an eat-in kitchen. I want a window over the kitchen sink, but will make do with a window anywhere in the kitchen if I have to. I'd like a pantry as well. A garage is also a plus, but not required - and not for storage, but for actually using as a garage. And a place for the litter box. Being at Larissa's new house showed us how wonderful -that- is. A laundry room on the same floor as the master bedroom is also important. Jason has converted me to that. Oh, and linen closets. Definitely necessary. As for the rest, I'm not picky. Wouldn't mind a living room, family room, formal dining room, but those really are not the focus for me. One room I can entertain in works for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment